Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Rambles from Clota plus a few pix

Okay, well, someone has to to kick things off, so it may as well be me!

Today at BaBs Clota Cottage, we discussed putting in a response to the Government's Maternity Services Review. We talked about the support women need during pregnancy, birth and the early postnatal period. It was great to hear women talk and discuss what is important *to them* during this important time in a woman and baby's life and for us to put in our "wish list" for a better future for women having babies in Australia. If anyone wants to be involved in helping draft this response, please contact me and we can get together a group to work on it!

We had a good turn out today, and we now break for 2 weeks for the school holidays, and return to Clota on the 8th of October. Sometime during the holidays Sif and I will get together to make up a schedule of topics for Term 4 - if anyone has any ideas or requests on topics they would like to see at Clota next term, please let me know either via the comments here, or phoning me.

Here are a few photos I took from the Inaugural BaBs Inc meeting last month. I am so excited and proud to be involved with such a fabulous group of women!





No comments: